Freelance Education Copywriter
- English Copywriting
- Digital Marketing
- Content Creation
- Team Work
We are a strategic activation agency, delivering authentic brand purpose and social impact for future-facing clients.
We better connect clients to young people and their families, delivering on-the-ground impacts through ambitious ideas and strong partnerships.
Our people are passionate experts focussing on creating immediate and lasting value.
Together, we believe in Building Brilliant Futures – creating a win-win for clients, young people and families.
At the heart of our offering is a strategic centre that combines data, segmentation, and research to develop strategies and purpose-driven programmes that deliver a demonstrable return on investment for our clients.
We seek a creative, passionate and versatile Education Copywriter with direct experience teaching in UK schools to bring their flair for language to our exciting campaigns. Using their extensive knowledge of the education landscape, they will contribute to the development of brilliant resources and craft teacher-facing comms copy for email and social media channels. This is a vital role in helping us to recruit and activate a range of education campaigns such as NatWest MoneySense, Unilever Lifebuoy and Engineering UK.
This role demands a solid grounding in pedagogical practice, and is perfect for an education professional who is ready to take their innovative approach to lesson planning beyond the classroom, appealing to teachers and reaching young people across the UK.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, write and proof creative and innovative educational resources in response to client briefs.
- Liaise with a wider team of strategists, education writers and subject experts to create brilliant education resources.
- Inject sparkle into resources, ensuring they appeal to teachers and young people through creativity and sound pedagogy.
- Write copy for email comms, social media, blogs, websites and other written material for teachers, based on strong conceptual thinking and solid insights.
- Be the guardian of the We are Futures’ tone of voice, ensuring it is maintained at all touch points.
- Partner with the comms, accounts, design, strategy and education teams to come up with ideas and meet the client’s objectives.
- Tailor content and style according to the client’s brief and purpose.
- Embed educational vocabulary in copy where needed.
- Understand your target audience (young people, teachers and families) and how to attract their attention.
- Identify fresh and interesting approaches in your copy.
- Take in feedback in an open and collaborative manner.
- Review and edit copy written by others.
- A qualified teacher (QTS, PGCE or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years teaching in UK schools (not TEFL).
- A love for words, an eye for detail and faultless grammar.
- Demonstrable copywriting experience beyond the classroom. This could be professional education resource writing or other examples that show your way with words.
- Willingness and flexibility to create resources across a range of subject matters and age groups, with support from specialists.
- Proven interest in PSHE (or national equivalents) and an up-to-date knowledge of the issues that matter to young people and their families.
- Experience running extra-curricular programmes and/or activities for young people that go beyond formal education.
- Awareness of language/vocabulary used by teachers in different phases (EY, KS1, 2, 3, 4).
- Understanding of the changing school landscape and the needs/pain-points for teachers.
- Ability to inject insights and creativity while keeping in tune with the educational landscape.
- An interest in digital marketing.
- Experience of the commercial sector.
- Awareness and experience of using different EdTech platforms or creation of multimedia resources.
- Join a future-focused, high-achieving and fun team
- Be part of a growing and impactful agency
- Gain fantastic experience working with well-known clients and partners
- Show us your best self at our Monthly Socials, we’ve organised bake-offs, yoga sessions, theatre trips and tie-dye workshops!