- Brand Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Design
- Adobe Creative Cloud
At Pleo, design matters. From the way we build our product to the way we tell our story, good design is a foundational principle and pulses through the veins of our company. Have a look for yourself – https://pleo.design
Because of this we value designers who are great not just because they can create “striking graphics” – which is a big part of it – but who are great because they can explain why and how they got there, creating work that has a tangible impact beyond looking pretty.
In this role you’ll be charged with bringing your own personality and design flair to Pleo – by conceptualising and executing design across a range of mediums, from physical to digital. Pleo will become your living portfolio, with your work spread across our website, our campaigns, our sales collateral, our ads, our product marketing, our blog… and so much more. It’s going to be a portfolio that you’re proud of, we sure are.
You’ll join our 22-strong Brand team with creative disciples of all persuasions. It’s effectively an agency inside the company, but without the sleepless nights and award-seeking bullshit. You’ll get to collaborate with in-house motion designers, content writers, illustrators, videographers, and photographers to make your ideas a reality.
Things you will be doing
- Working from creative briefs, you’ll develop ideas from first concept to finished design across a variety of platforms
- Embracing and unfurling the Pleo brand identity, ensuring consistency across marketing channels
- Managing your project load to ensure that deadlines are met and stakeholders are satisfied
- Supporting with design localisation projects for content, collateral, ads, the website and beyond
- Communicating ideas and choices behind your design decisions with colleagues from across Pleo – and reworking concepts based on feedback if necessary
- Collaborating across disciplines, from photography & video to performance ads, sales collaterals to merchandise, digital to physical, we do it all
- Spearheading creative workshops and design thinking sessions on larger, thorny projects
Who you are
- A focused, enthusiastic graphic/brand/digital designer with a few years of experience at an agency or company that believes in the value of good design
- Some experience in designing for different markets – not just working with localised text, but also localising concepts and managing the associated workflows
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, with plenty of input from across departments and disciplines
- Based in Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Madrid, Stockholm, or fully remote
- Experience bringing in and directing other disciplines for your projects – from motion to photography
- Easily frustrated by inefficient processes and take it upon yourself to optimise and streamline
- Experience building and maintaining brand guidelines is a huge bonus too
- You’ve got knowledge of a pretty sa-weet design stack. We use Figma, Adobe CC, Are.na and a bunch of other tools. Anything vital we're missing? Tell us
Your colleagues say that you ...
- Always surpass their expectations with your designs – even when they weren’t quite sure how to explain what they wanted
- Are happy to talk them through your work and just as happy when they have some tweaks to suggest
- Don’t leave them hanging when they Slack you for an update on a project
- Know when it’s time to brainstorm weird ideas… and when it’s time to get cracking
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Flexible work – and we really meant that. Work from where you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want. We trust you.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Once a quarter (give or take), our entire company gets together at a team camp. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, we’d love to see you at the next one!
And here are some other nice things that we offer
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Catered lunch
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.