Computer Graphics Developer (f/m/d)
- Graphic Design
- Digital Graphics
- Visual Arts
- 3D Rendering
- Autodesk Maya
We are a remote-first startup on a mission to change photography in its fundamentals by enabling anyone to take high-quality and professional product shots for marketing and e-commerce in 3D environments, faster, better, and cheaper than ever before. Recently, we landed a seven-figure investment from a European Tier 1 fund to take our vision global!
We are now looking for a Computer Graphics Developer to help bring the company to the next level.
The kind of stuff you’ll do:
- Have ownership over developing our rendering backend and keeping it in sync with the frontend representation.
- Add new features to our rendering pipeline.
- Be responsible for rendering quality.
- Support the 3D team by enabling them to use more complex materials and options.
- Work closely together with the frontend/three.js team and with the technical founders.
- Support our AWS experts to build and maintain a scalable rendering setup.
To rock this job, you’ll bring:
- You have an (ideally Master's) degree in Computer Graphics or a similar relevant area. If you are very strong on a theoretical level and have an academic mindset but without a degree, please also consider applying.
- You know the difference between Ray Tracing and Ray Marching and have at least heard about MDL. You know that Shadow Bias is not a psychological phenomenon and SIGGRAPH is not a font style. Your favorite YouTube account is probably Two Minute Papers.
- Some experience in software development, ideally outside of an academic setting.
- Capability & interest to learn fast.
- Fluency in English.
- A team-oriented personality and ability to work collaboratively with the team and various stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- More experience the better.
- Relevant experience developing rendering services in the cloud with Nvidia iRay, ideally with Migenius RealityServer.
- Knowledgeable with 3D rendering software like Blender, Maya, or 3DS Max.
- Interest in photography and/or visual arts.
How do we work?
- We are a remote-first company and will stay so (yes, also after Covid) - our main time zone is Central Europe (UTC+1 / UTC+2).
- We work in a virtual office - Gather.town that allows us to still keep micro-interactions while being completely remote.
- We work with OKRs, which we plan in monthly cycles for teams to enable fast progress. The sprint planning for the development team is done in two-week cycles, issues are tracked with Github.
- Every day we meet for the morning daily to sync on important updates.
- We share with each other feedback regularly during the weekly sessions. Additionally, you will have monthly 1on1s with one of the founders.
What we offer:
- Experience working in an early-stage startup where you work at a fast pace, but can have influence over the product and company’s growth.
- Work in a very friendly and international remote team - currently, we have 11 people on board working in 6 different countries!
- Two technical founders who care about the product and development experience.
- Remote office set-up and we may get you co-working space near you if you prefer.
- Competitive salary and an attractive equity package as an early employee. If the company is successful, you should be too! -> The actual salary can be higher and will be a competitive package combining base salary and equity, and is negotiable depending on previous work experience and cost-of-living in your location.
- Annually EUR 1.000 benefit budget to spend for your extra gear, setup, gym subscriptions, learning activities, books, etc.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Regular, fully-paid company-wide offsites, where the whole company comes together somewhere in Europe (depending on the Covid situation).
- Oculus Quest 2 VR Glasses for social activities and/or development. Prepare for some good dose of competition in VR! ;)