- Web Development
- Team Work
At Devoteam, we deliver innovative technology consulting for business.
As a pure player for Digital Transformation of large organisations across EMEA, our 8,200+ professionals are dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. With a unique transformation DNA, we connect business and technology.
Present in 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.
Devoteam achieved yearly revenues of €800 million in 2020 (e).
Location: Home working & London
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for x2 Java Contractors who have some commercial exposure into the Cloud and DevOps sector. This candidate would need to have a strong background in Java scripting along with knowledge of DevOps tooling, cloud technologies and Agile ways of working. Cultural change, modern Automation technologies, lean ways of working, best use and Measurement of data and best information Sharing technologies (CALMS).
Client satisfaction/ Client delivery will be a priority for the role. It will also involve a wide variety of other activities to support the on-going growth of our business going forward.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities :
· Java developer involved with all aspects of SDLC.
· Own the delivery of business requirements through to test and production release.
· Collaborate on key design decisions for the platform build out to meet business’ goals.
· Third line system support.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
· Server-Side Java Developer from a strong technical background with Spring Boot experience.
· Demonstrable enterprise software engineering with an understanding of working in a secure compute and
· regulated environment.
· Good awareness of the design, development and SDLC considerations required for development of Financial
· Services market infrastructure applications.
· Passion for following DevOps and CI/CD processes to deliver high quality and well tested software using
· frameworks such as Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, Cucumber etc.
· Good understanding of software architecture principles and their application.
· Effective communication within both the development and support teams.
· Ownership mindset – working with external teams e.g., DBAs, infosec to progress end-to-end solutions.
· Keen to balance business delivery and technical improvement; will have a drive to improve quality and
· productivity of delivery and be able to dissect systems to incrementally deliver significant system
· improvements with this in mind.
· Experience with relational and no-SQL databases e.g., Oracle, MongoDB or equivalent.
· Knowledge of modern source code management using git.
· Strong familiarity with Java development toolchains including Maven and IntelliJ.
· Team player with a desire to work in a self-directed business focused development team.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence infrastructure teams to achieve delivery.
Desirable Skills :
· Some exposure to C++ on Linux.
· Familiarity with other JVM languages – Kotlin desirable and exposure to functional programming.
· Deployment automation using tools such as Ansible; monitoring using enterprise tools e.g., DataDog.
· Experience of on/off-premises cloud solutions including the defining infrastructure as code.
Key Soft Skills required, include but not limited to:
· Naturally resilient, tenacious and results driven with excellent communication and influencing skills
· Self-starter and highly motivated towards success
· Team Player