Senior Full-Stack Developer (Venture-backed startup)
Our mission is to provide people with personalised support along life’s critical journeys.
73% of parents don’t feel supported by their employer. Kami wants to change that statistic, and is already helping large organisations such as JP Morgan and Meta (Facebook) turn the tide.
Kami ensures employees receive the specialist coaching, emotional, and professional support needed, on family planning and fertility through to pregnancy, parenting, returning to work and beyond. Kami empowers people to reduce burnout, improve work/life balance and reach their career goals.
We’re a growing, dedicated team of experts in Machine Learning, NLP, Psychology, Coaching, and Family Support. Our parenting consultants and digital platform deliver tailored support to our diverse user base spanning individuals, established families and everyone in between.
To date we’ve been backed by Google, Microsoft, Innovate UK, and Founders Factory, who recognise the potential impact we can have on supporting the wellbeing of families and wider society. And we’re just getting started.
Through our matched-subscriptions policy we have also pledged to help tens of thousands of low-income families get the support they need.
Senior Full-Stack Developer
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and grow our nascent engineering team as we scale our offering to the next level.
We’re looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer with a proactive approach and a passion for digital health to deliver a best-in-class employee wellbeing solution.
- Responsible for making key architecture decisions, making sure we implement best practices in integration and platform efficiencies that meet the user experience
- Delivering on the company’s product vision by spearheading the build of our web app and native mobile app (Android, iOS) which will integrate with our existing chatbot and emotion detection features
- Working closely with Product Management to provide clarity on time estimates, detailed development tasks, and general reports
- Achieving creative tech solutions using frameworks or code bases such as but not limited to React Native and NodeJS
- Supervising and mentoring junior software engineers
- Innovating and providing critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Leading integration discussions with vendors, partners, or third-party providers to ensure all task and timeline-based requirements are met
- Development Testing
- Reporting to founders/C-suite
- 6+ years experience building software-based products
- 3+ years experience building with React.js, React Native, Node.js, Graph QL. You have managed the build and deployment of high-level React Native Apps before
- Experience deploying apps to the App Store and Google Play
- Experience in Code Repositories like Github, Gitlab and documenting changes into the code and maintain version control
- Knowledge of Swift, Objective C, Kolin
- Knowledgeable in Redux
- Knowledgeable in container technologies
- Knowledge on State Management on React
- Knowledgeable in SQL: MySQL, Postgres, etc
- Experience building in AWS (Amazon Web Services) and understands Amazon microservices such as AWS Amplify
- Experience with database migrations
- Experience in Email, Notification server
- Has worked with video integration APIs (eg. Amazon Kinesis)
- Knowledge in IOS SDK and Android
- Experience in QA and end-to-end user testing
- Has worked with Agile platforms such as Jira, Trello, Base Camp, etc.
- Has experience managing engineers, and working closely with product managers and designers
- Experience building AI-based products
- Experience building health/wellness solutions
- Experience building data-heavy products
- Strong communicator; capable of inspiring others, building great relationships, and expressing the rationale behind your ideas convincingly to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Responsive and able to use initiative to deliver in tight timescales
- Very thorough at documenting work
- Versatile enough to be able to work well as part of a small and agile team
- £70,000-£90,000 starting salary (dependent on experience)
- Strong growth potential for compensation package in line with company milestones
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Mental health support via HeadSpace
- We're based in London but also offer hybrid working
If you’re as passionate as we are about supporting people through life’s key journeys, come and join an innovative, impact-driven digital health company at an exciting growth stage.
As part of the application process we will require a CV and two referees.