Freelance Direct Response Copywriter
- Email Marketing
- Team Work
Do you want to help people make money?
Can you persuade them to change their habits and assumptions – not “someday soon” but RIGHT NOW?
This is your one shot to get in right now… to actually BE on the team that helps shape our marketing program as our membership business continues to grow.
Because our team is spring-loaded and ready to make this happen.
The Motley Fool has been in the UK for 25 years, and we’re still seeing massive growth that we can barely keep up with. In fact, we’re in dire need of copywriters and marketing experts – creative people who crave creative outlets, and are looking to work their butt off to make it to the next level, and become a full-time copywriter at The Motley Fool.
We already have over 130,000 subscribers and over 11,000 paid members.
A lot of that is due to our copywriters and the talent of our investing experts.
And that’s why I think you’ll be interested in this job today.
Because if you can take dense topics and complex formulas… and translate them into easy-to-read English that transforms interest into action… then you should maybe get in touch with us today.
But if you can do all that in an intensely collaborative team environment… shaping the strategic direction of our marketing messages and partnering with our designers, coordinators, investment advisors, tech developers, and fellow writers to bring them to life … then you should definitely get in touch with us today.
Many people will apply for this position but only a few will actually have the skills and wherewithal to make it through our interviews.
Will you be one of the lucky few?
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing Big Fresh Ideas for our email marketing campaigns; working with the investment team on the strategy, and with the creative and product teams on the implementation.
- Collaborating with designers and fellow copywriters to provide constructive feedback on all creative content before live testing.
- Testing new variations on control creative to keep it performing at maximum levels. Relentlessly.
- Researching individual stocks, macro-economic and country related themes, and consumer trends in the UK.
- Developing and amending your copy so it passes muster with our regulatory body, whilst remaining totally compelling!
- Contributing to the creative needs of multiple channels including emails, display ads, text placements, landing pages, order pages, microsites… and others we haven’t thought of yet because you don’t work here yet.
Core Competencies & Requirements
- Must always communicate our company's products and services in a way that is aligned with The Motley Fool’s purpose and culture.
- Experience writing marketing copy in the financial/investing vertical, or direct response writing/selling experience with strong personal knowledge of investing.
- Experience writing for online channels. Email direct response copywriting experience preferred.
- Experience in a service or subscription business, including customer acquisition, renewal, and win-back programs.
- Must embrace & be effective working in a team environment.
- Must be flexible & adaptable to constantly changing methods and objectives.
- Detail oriented. Strong proofing skills.
- Multi-tasks and prioritises accordingly. Stays organised and meets deadlines.
The Motley Fool, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.