Freelance PR & Marketing specialist
- Public Relations
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Team Work
We are looking for a local PR & Marketing specialist in Spain to help us promote our work locally and regionally in order to raise Land Life Company's awareness and gain familiarity among regional governments and landowners with the aim to support our access to land for reforestation.
Our model is based on setting up partnerships with land owners who want to restore the land they own. The freelance PR & Marketing specialist is responsible for creating and executing a local PR & marketing strategy to inform our target audiences about the work we are doing. This role requires a combination of creative and copywriting skills, project management, communication and PR. You will create Spanish content for our social channels, will develop marketing materials for local use, make sure that we get great visual content from the field, support event organization with local partners and will ensure local media coverage of our plantings. You will report to the Head of the Marketing & Communications department who is based in Amsterdam. For successful implementation, you will need to work closely with our operations team in Spain and proactively support them in getting attention for their work. The team is based in Burgos as our work revolves around working closely with landowners, town councils, (local) governments and community organizations from Autonomous Communities such as Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Aragón, Cantabria, Galicia and others to gain support for proposed tree planting projects.
The responsibilities of the Freelance Marketing & PR Specialist will be:
- Working with our Marketing & Communications team, creating and executing innovative content to support our Spanish team with integrated campaigns and stories
- Create and execute a marketing & PR plan based on the Spanish (landowner) market
- Write, proof, edit and upload creative copy and content across numerous digital & social platforms
- Create marketing materials to gain familiarity for the Land Life brand
- Support the Local Partnerships manager in branding planting locations
- Generate local press coverage by creating press releases and liaising with press contacts
- Responsible for the asset management, ensure photography
- The implementation of PR, social media and content activities / copywriting
- Write, proof, edit and upload creative copy and content across numerous digital & social platforms and blog posts
Our ideal Local PR & Marketing specialist
- Lives in Spain. He or she is preferably located in Burgos or is willing to travel there frequently.
- Has 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Is a native Spanish speaker and has professional proficiency in English.
- Has strong Spanish copywriting skills
- A self-starter who can consistently meet deadlines
- An ability to work conscientiously and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience using the adobe suite
- Experience working in projects or organizations that have scaled quickly and adapted operational models to meet demand will also be considered
- Is a pragmatic and proactive person who enjoys pioneering
- Has completed an academic degree with a focus on PR & Communications
- Has a existing network local media outlets
- Has strong networking and verbal/written skills to create or expand on existing networks.
- Is located in Burgos, or is willing to travel there frequently.
- Is comfortable working independently and collaborating with/reporting to the rest of the Spain team, willing to travel around the region frequently;
- Structural appearance in local press (at least 4 publications per month). Focused on:
- Strong local presence
- Planting success stories
- Our tech & ops driven approach
- Creating Spanish social content weekly
- Proactively developing marketing materials such as:
- Pens, or notebooks to leave behind after meetings
- Land Life Company branded clothing for in the field
- Information signs on the planting locations
- Ensuring drone and other planting imagery to share with local partners, municipalities, etc.
- Find other ways to engage landowners in the work we do and promote Land Life Company locally.
What do we offer?
This position is based in the city of Burgos, Spain.