- 3ds Max
- Graphic Design
- Commercial Design
Gensler’s Birmingham Studio is seeking a Part-2 Architectural Assistant to join our team of architects and interior design thinkers and doers. You will be working on a variety of projects across many sectors including automotive, technology and data centres, commercial, residential and retail environments. You will be experienced in Revit and Technical Design, a highly motivated individual with a proactive attitude and eager to learn.
A self-motivated team player with a positive, communicative and collaborative approach, you will work with Architects and Interior Design colleagues across Gensler’s practice areas. As a member of the team, you will be fully integrated into design teams, participating hands-on and collaborating directly with team members, across all RIBA stages.
What You Will Do
As an Architectural Assistant, you will tap into your boundless creativity to contribute towards the design of unique environments, providing exemplar design knowledge from concept to completion of projects working across all the RIBA design stages, but with an emphasis on stage 3 onwards.
- Designing World class buildings
- Involvement with all phases of the design process, including programming, concept design, schematic design, design development, specification and tendering processes
- Support the Principals to develop the client, contractor and design team communications, developing and maintaining strong external and internal relationships
- Prepare plans, elevations, details and sections through to detailed construction drawings
- Minimum RIBA Part II or equivalent, with demonstrable experience in technical delivery
- Proficiency in Revit a must, experience in Rhino, Grasshopper, and 3Ds Max advantageous
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Experience in retail, commercial and international design would be a distinct advantage
- Creative, original thinking and technically biased, demonstrated through a strong creative and technical portfolio.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
Life at Gensler
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical and dental insurance, season ticket loans, pension, profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional qualifications and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programmes or classes. We view our professional development programmes as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gensler and need special assistance due to a disability, or accommodation for a disability, please provide details in your application and contact us