- Fashion Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Team Work
Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colours. The company's product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware. When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. Marimekko products are sold in about 40 countries.
In 2020, brand sales of the Marimekko products worldwide amounted to EUR 286 million and the net sales were EUR 124 million. Roughly 150 Marimekko stores serve customers around the globe. The key markets are Northern Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and North America. The Group employs about 420 people. The Marimekko share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our dynamic RTW Design team in the Helsinki HQ! In this role you will be responsible of assisting in collection work from the starting point to the end product. Your role includes supporting designers in their operational work. You will work closely with our Product and Technical development team, Artwork Studio and Sampling Studio in our own mill. You will report to the Head Designer, Collection RTW & BA.
To succeed in this role you need to have experience in fashion industry and commercial collection work. You are eager to learn and contribute in collection work and are interested in working both inhouse and freelance designers. You have good understanding of product design and great sense of colors. Your technical skills are strong. You are not afraid to take responsibility and are eager to contribute in Marimekko´s bright future.
This is a full-time temporary maternity leave substitution lasting until the end of August 2022. We hope you can start as soon as possible, latest in the beginning of September 2021.
Your responsibilities will include, among other things:
- Support Design team in collection work
- Support designers in operational work in HQ
- Creation of design packages containing technical specifications
- Creating print and color instructions
- Commenting print colors
- Coordinating different collection related issues and producing the collection overviews
We expect you to have:
- Suitable educational background, e. g. Fashion design degree (BA)
- Previous design experience, min. 1 year
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign
- An exceptional eye for colors
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Fluent communication skills, both in written and verbal English, Finnish is an advantage
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. We value a diverse workforce – Marimekko’s culture and working environment are founded on equality, inclusion and cherishing diversity. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we will offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting international business environment with an iconic Finnish brand.