- Product Design
- UX Design
We here at TrendWatching are an international, dynamic and highly purposed team that guides, inspires and empowers business professionals to bring to market more sustainable and impactful innovations that benefit all, not the few.
Founded in 2002, TrendWatching has become one of the world’s leading consumer trend firms, delivering Free Trend Updates to over 100,000 trend-driven professionals worldwide and offering a number of dedicated trend services.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY AT TRENDWATCHING
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer in Amsterdam to join our team and embark on our exciting multi-year journey with us to support and lead the movement to a more purposed economy.
Your role will initially consist of the optimising and upgrading of our web assets. Taking a holistic view of TrendWatching’s aesthetics and improving the UX. This means also having a sharp focus on how to optimise the UI on our sites and taking a design principles approach to our digital products.
You’ll be aligning with the core product team and the Head of Product with whom you will be working very closely on a day-to-day basis. Working together to translate the business needs such as lead-funneling/conversion, content positioning and SEO optimisation on our sites.
You will also work very closely with our design team to align with the rest of the design output and strategy. In the medium and long run, you will be involved in upgrading our site to a new platform, being a key person to execute the web design and strategy.
In this role, you will be working hands-on with our leadership team to create the largest impact through our creative, insightful and one-of-a-kind design experience.
We support and equip 100s of well-known brands and agency clients such as Adidas, Danone, Starbucks, TWBA and UNICEF with the most current and future-oriented trend intel to truly advance their purpose game and thereby have an impact.
Additionally, with over 260,000 followers on social media, our message and information reach over 65 countries around the globe.
If you love trends and purposed innovation and feel that you are ready for the next step in your career, this might just be the hidden gem you are looking for.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Owning and co-owning the web design and web-related activities
- Supporting the RevOps teams (Marketing, Sales and Customer Success) to achieve lead funneling through our digital assets
- Creating UX and data-driven responsive design to all elements of the website and related communications
- Coordinating web development, problem-solving and finding multiple design solutions with a strict budget to achieve our vision and targets
- Understanding and executing new products and content launches to ongoing page optimization, site performance maintenance and regular performance audits with the core product team
- Collaborating closely with the founder, product managers, trend analysts, designers and the broader marketing goals of different teams
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are an enthusiastic and energetic professional with at least 5 years of relevant experience in design as well as 3 years of relevant experience in digital/web design
- You are an expert in UX/UI design and conceptual thinking
- You have experience in prototyping and UX design tools such as Figma/Adobe XD/Invision Marvel
- You have experience in Webflow and HubSpot CMS (this will be an immediate bonus but is not a necessity)
- You have good knowledge in CSS/HTML
- You have hands-on experience working with user testing and research and are proficient in design thinking
- You are a great communicator with excellent English and solid project management skills
- You feel and act purposed: caring deeply about sustainability, equality, well-being and transforming businesses into a force for good
- You perform best in a cosmopolitan, driven and entrepreneurial environment
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive remuneration
- Fast-return times on your ideations → testing
- Flexibility in work (we work both online and together as a team)
- Time and space to hone your skills and develop your career
- Bragging rights for owning great Product and UX design at a leading trend firm
- Be at the forefront of what’s right now; after all, we are TrendWatching ;-)
- Actively contributing to a more purpose-driven economy and having an impact on people, glocally
- An ‘Online Destination Playground’: having the freedom to play, learn and grow while turning your ideas into reality to reach our 100,000s of customers, subscribers and followers, worldwide
- Being part of a fun team located throughout the world in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Barcelona and São Paulo