Freelance Conceptual Designer
- Digital Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
About the role:
Waste has been working with Supercell for over 6 years and produced game related content for all 5 of their games. Our content sits in app as well as on social and even in the merchandise store and gains exposure to millions of Supercell’s loyal gaming community.
We’re looking for Freelance Conceptual Designers who can start immediately to join our award-winning team and work remotely for us.
You’ll need to have a design background that includes experience with games, animation and/or film.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values, and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
We’re looking for:
- Senior designer
- Wide portfolio covering digital, typography, and branding
- Specifically, in the gaming and/ or entertainment sector
- Experience in crafting key art and the origination of assets.
- Able to take existing assets and find new and innovative ways to elevate them
- Proficient in all Adobe programs
- Must have very strong typography skills and be on top of all the latest trends
- The ability to work in multiple artistic styles
- Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief
- Good composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation
- Fast and can work to tight deadlines
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’ With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social and web content, advertising, digital experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our clients include Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, specifically British Gas Business. Other clients include WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) Sega, Ubisoft, Mecca Bingo, Grosvenor Casinos, intu, Howdens and media brand family Oath.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70+ awards, including: BIMAs, Clios, CIM, D&ADs, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.