Senior Backend Developer
- Back-End Development
- Team Work
Would you like to be part of an innovative project with a significant social impact? Innovamat is looking for someone like you 😎
About our project 🚀
Innovamat is an educational project that seeks to revolutionize how kids learn maths! Our mission is to transform the classroom into a space where children can learn through motivation and stimulation, thanks to our high-quality resources. Our materials, from digital to manipulative ones, facilitate the assessment and the personalization of learning in the 21st century classroom.
Together with Innovamat you'll find Bmath, our B2C proposal. A self-adaptive math learning app with challenges, strategy videos and math activities!
Company situation 🏢
Innovamat is a didactic proposal with:
- More than 700 schools working with us in Spain
- A gamified platform that allows individualized learning so each student can keep up with it
- More than 5000 resources that help improve maths learning
- A network of experts who train and advise teachers on the didactics of mathematics
- Many opportunities to have a direct impact on our educational system.
Your mission 👨💻👩💻
- You will participate in the conceptualization and creation process of our product.
- You will collaborate in the creation and evolution of the different APIs responsible for providing service to each application.
- You will compile and analyze data and processes to identify problems and areas for improvement.
- You will develop the new desired functionalities for the different products.
- You will help optimize the application development and deployment processes.
- You will contribute by proposing any new initiative, new functionalities, improvements and good practices that help us improve and be at the forefront of technology.
Day-to-day life at Innovamat 🏁
We improve our product iteratively and incrementally following the mantra: "Quality is non-negotiable".
We believe in continuous improvement and that is why we carry out training to share experience and knowledge between teams. For this reason, we believe a strong team-working philosophy is key to achieve all our big challenges.
Who are you 💻
- Solid knowledge of the PHP + MySQL stack.
- Good handling of the Symfony framework.
- Extensive experience in the development of REST APIs.
- Familiarity with the AWS suite of services.
- Know the ins and outs of Docker. Comfort working with agile methodologies.
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Testing First Mindset.
- DevOps culture and Clean Code philosophy.
- Very eager to learn.
Nice to have 🎯
- You have knowledge of any other programming language.
- You have discovered Kubernetes world.
- You have experience in startups and/or fast-growing companies with a B2C model.
- You have worked with asynchronous and distributed systems.
- You are familiar with the concepts of hexagonal architecture, DDD, Design patterns, etc.
We will value it very positively, although it is not essential at all 🙂
What can you expect from us
- The opportunity to transform the education sector and see how children rediscover mathematics and become passionate about it
- Training and growth plan in a young, enthusiastic and dynamic environment.
- Indefinite contract
- Remote-friendly and flexible timetable
- Team building days
- All the coffee, water, milk and/or tea, separately or mixed, that you can drink ;)
- An environment and team which care a lot about:
- Communication based on honesty and respect
- The feeling of belonging
- Intensity, pace, and being self-demanding.
If you think you are that person we are looking for we would love to meet you!