- UX Research
Would you like to help create and shape outstanding experiences enjoyed by millions of sports fans world wide? Join DAZN, the leading global sports streaming service, where your UX Research skills will play a key role in the design of our next generation experiences on web, mobile, and TV Living room platforms!
DAZN operates at every touchpoint of a fan’s engagement with sport. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop. As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be. If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
As a UX Researcher at DAZN, you’ll deliver tactical and strategic research projects aimed at helping DAZN understand user needs, evaluate our existing user experience, and embed user insights in an iterative product design lifecycle. Your core skill set, and expertise will be qualitative (generative, formative, and evaluative), but you'll also need to utilise quantitative data from data science and analytics to support your research practice. To conduct research in our dynamic and fast paced business you'll need to be comfortable with a shifting environment and be comfortable navigating change and ambiguity, in fact you should thrive on it, and enjoy working with a very broad stakeholder set who will be consuming your insights to power the future of DAZN.
In this dynamic, global role, you will be interpreting findings and collaborating with designers, internal product and marketing teams, tech, CX and in-market teams and with external agencies - leading projects to evaluate and determine how to shape UX and UI designs.
We are looking for people who already have significant experience developing digital products and services, who can work independently and are able to take the lead on collaborating with teams to define and execute research. We are flexible as to level for this role, but it is not an entry level position –if you have experience and you want more challenge - we want to hear from you!
Please note we have roles at both mid and senior levels if you aren’t sure where you will fit, please apply and we will help you decide!
This role is based in Hammersmith, London on a hybrid working basis.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new UX Researcher, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with product and design partners to define and refine research questions, and develop appropriate research approaches
- Develop, run and analyse a variety of different types of studies, using a range of methods, in close collaboration with design and product partners
- Research customer and prospect behaviours, expectations, and needs - developing insights into how to improve the user experience
- Support designers with iterative design prototyping
- Work with our global customer community to shape and refine new services
- Use a range of qualitative and quantitative methods as appropriate (individual, group, online, in-person, remote, moderated, unmoderated, behavioural, attitudinal)
- Align research plans to support business objectives –designing success metrics for measuring effectiveness
- Bring stakeholders close to customer experiences and needs, by engaging them in collaborative analysis
- Prepare and give compelling presentations of research findings and recommendations for improvements
- Participate in supporting and evolving our research practices and operations at DAZN
- Lead and manage research projects with external agencies, alongside internal stakeholders
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Established skills in UX research for global digital products
- The ability to work with stakeholders to define and shape research questions, interpret findings, and land recommendations
- Experience in scoping, planning, and conducting UX research including lab-based usability studies, guerrilla testing, remote user research, surveys, ethnography, diary studies, card-sorting
- Experience with techniques such as: remote unmoderated research scripting, think-aloud protocols, heuristic evaluation, in depth interviews, task analysis, insight sessions, and jobs to be done analysis
- Proven analytical capabilities and data interpretation experience, with the ability to provide recommendations for improvement based on quantitative analysis
- Experience providing meaningful insights using analytics tools
- Great written / oral communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal staff and external partners
- Experience creating & executing testing plans (A/B & MVT) including recommending and advising on test variations
Even better if you have:
- Experience testing on web, mobile and TV devices
- Familiarity with UserTesting.com (or similar tools )
- Expertise in designing and leading remote workshops using Miro(or similar) to develop research questions and do collaborative analysis
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.